As a wedding and portrait photographer, I strive to create images that tell the story of your life with beauty and grace, respect and imagination. Foregoing forced smiles and stiff poses, I embrace natural smiles and expressions in order to create images that have a unique freshness and vitality and a heartfelt and emotional authenticity.

Welcome to my blog!

Photobucket

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Just Fetching

Thank you to the all the lovely Richmonders who attended Fetching Art Night at Glave Kocen Gallery. It's a wonderful thing to think of all the families who can love their pets a little longer ... another month, year, 5 years ... as a direct result of your generosity. I've always thought that animal lovers are a blessed group: innately kind with hearts as big as a cloudless sky.

Thank you to Joey and Melissa Stanley for their tireless coordination of the event, to Michael at Row House Soaps for the custom frames he made specifically for my images, to the great group at Fetch A Cure, to the talented vendors, and to the whole group at Glave Kocen for being such incredible hosts.

If you weren't able to stop by, here's a little peek into what you missed. I had so much fun with these images. My models were incredible to work with and allowed me unlimited creative freedom. I am so grateful to them.











As an animal lover, myself, I believe in this cause and want to keep the giving going. So, these five images will be available for sale for perpetuity, with 30% of each sale going directly to Fetch A Cure. They are generously sized and printed on Hahnemuhle fine art paper. And if you're in the market for a one-of-a-kind handmade frame to make your image sparkle, I can deliver that, too. Michael uses reclaimed wood from historic row houses in Church Hill, some of which dates back to the 1800s. He's a true craftsman ... and a true supporter of the cause because he has lent his heart to a dog of his own.

I don't know where we'd be without the unconditional love of our pets. There are thousands of ways to love them back ... one of which is to keep donating to great organizations like Fetch A Cure.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment