As a wedding and portrait photographer, I strive to create images that tell the story of your life with beauty and grace, respect and imagination. Foregoing forced smiles and stiff poses, I embrace natural smiles and expressions in order to create images that have a unique freshness and vitality and a heartfelt and emotional authenticity.

Welcome to my blog!

Photobucket

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Beauty

Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is one of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon.
Oscar Wilde



Maddie is such a natural beauty. I'm overjoyed that she and her dog, Spencer, will be featured in one of my fine art photographs displayed at Glave Kocen Gallery for Fetching Art Night. (You should go! Free admission, fine art, delicious food catered by Sticky Rice, Cous Cous, The White Dog and Cakes by Graham, and one-night-only Fetchtinis. And all for a good cause!)

When our photo shoot at the breathtaking Virginia House (another place you should go) was over, and Spencer was running a cool-down lap, Maddie stepped into this pool of amazing afternoon light. And I don't think I even asked permission ... in fact, I am pretty sure I rudely interrupted her conversation and just started shooting. I'm sure you see why.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment