As a wedding and portrait photographer, I strive to create images that tell the story of your life with beauty and grace, respect and imagination. Foregoing forced smiles and stiff poses, I embrace natural smiles and expressions in order to create images that have a unique freshness and vitality and a heartfelt and emotional authenticity.

Welcome to my blog!

Photobucket

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Everywhere

From all these trees,
in the salads, the soup, everywhere,
cherry blossoms fall.
Basho

This year, we traded Easter eggs for cherry blossoms. We love to be tourists in our own town, and on the most beautiful Easter in recent memory, we made the short drive to Washington D.C. to breathe in the cherry blossoms during their peak.

I would have loved to have scooted everyone aside and posed a bride here. A little sidelighting, a natural frame of flowers. My stars wouldn't that have been gorgeous! It's not practical ... but dreams never should be.



I love photographing my husband's hands. They are strong, yet gentle; masterful, soothing, healing hands. On the occasion when he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, or reaches for me in a crowd, I melt like a marshmallow peep. I don't think I've ever told him that ... I just always ask him to hold something for a photograph. I suppose now the secret's out.



What pure delight - a gentle, rustling canopy of pink.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment