As a wedding and portrait photographer, I strive to create images that tell the story of your life with beauty and grace, respect and imagination. Foregoing forced smiles and stiff poses, I embrace natural smiles and expressions in order to create images that have a unique freshness and vitality and a heartfelt and emotional authenticity.

Welcome to my blog!

Photobucket

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Apple Pie and Cheese

But I, when I undress me
Each night upon my knees
Will ask the Lord to bless me
With apple pie and cheese.
Eugene Field

A few weeks ago, we spent a perfect autumnal Saturday in Charlottesville.  Our first stop: Carter Mountain Orchard.



During the leaf-brimmed, twisty trail to the top, this was our view.  In the front, grapevines; in the back, mountains.  And a crispy blue October sky.



But, as wonderful as it was to be in the in-between, it was nothing compared to reaching the top.  The view from the top is always the best.  {Almost always.



But, the orchard offers more than the view.  For instance - gorgeous, crunchy apples.



And, there's a reason it was our first stop of the day.  I'd make the drive back just for the cider. 



First, we scouted the Fuji orchards.




I think this little guy might just have the best seat in the house.  A penthouse view. 




And, here is my view.



That morning, I made a promise to myself: To photograph those I love as often as I can.  More than I do.  Maybe even more than I should, if that's possible. Years from now - or possibly even weeks - your photographs will be worth their weight in gold.  These are the moments you'll want to remember.  





And on the way down, after we had our fill of Fujis, we spotted this little duo.  All their momma wanted was a picture of them at the orchard, but the littler one was giving her such a hard time.  I'm not sure how children learn the power of a withheld smile and what it can do to a momma's spirit - so I offered to give it a try.  Sometimes, a new face behind the camera is all that's needed.  A few seconds and one shot and here is what we came up with.  Aren't they sweet?  I could have tucked them in my apple bag but their momma would have missed them.



And then we found the Pink Ladies.



Can there be a more perfect name for an apple? 



Joel found some twins.  



And this fuzzy one found some sunshine and a little rest.  Heaven on earth for dogs, I'd imagine.



Enjoy all your perfect autumnal days, and even the not-so-perfect ones.  Some of the best apples have a few bruises.

XOXO,
Kaycee

0 comments:

Post a Comment