As a wedding and portrait photographer, I strive to create images that tell the story of your life with beauty and grace, respect and imagination. Foregoing forced smiles and stiff poses, I embrace natural smiles and expressions in order to create images that have a unique freshness and vitality and a heartfelt and emotional authenticity.

Welcome to my blog!

Photobucket

Sunday, March 22, 2009

And Baby Makes Four

I love, love, love photographing Anticipation sessions. It's no secret I'm the poster child for sentimentality: I cry at strangers' weddings, when receiving good news, and at the end of every episode of Extreme Home Makeover. So, it likely goes without saying that when I'm photographing someone near and dear to my heart I get all mushy-hearted and usually end up in a big, gooey mess. This time, I was (predictably) pretty soggy halfway through my editing. This Anticipation session had a little twist- instead of focusing solely on Julie's gorgeous curves, we decided to tell the story of the love that shines between mom and daughter, and between the whole family, before baby sister steals the spotlight. But they're ready. Can't you tell? Their love spills all around, just like the light. Baby sister is so lucky.

I cherish photographing these sessions in my clients' homes. Home is where you live your days, where your relationships grow, where your memories shine. Home - as they say - is where your story begins. And what a beautiful story to tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment